Trails around Standford
Leor Pantilat has posted a list of his 12 favorite places around Stanford for his regular trail running activity. I’m posting the list below but check out his blog for his daily experiences on these spots.
1. Huddart Park: Gorgeous single-track trails in cool redwoods that are graded perfectly for pleasurable running
2. Windy Hill Open Space Preserve: The Razorback Ridge-Hamms Gulch Loop is one of the best and views from the top of Windy Hill are amazing!
3. Los Altos Hills: Miles of cinder pathways in a nice setting of mini-ranches
4. El Corte de Madera Open Space Preserve: Tons of trails in deep forest providing a wilderness feeling
5. Wunderlich Park: Great trails with a super nice stretch along the Skyline Ridge to Huddart Park.
6. Portola Valley Ranch: Great paths in oak and madrone forest
7. Skyline Ridge – Russian Ridge – Long Ridge: Great running through meadows and forest
8. Phleger Estate: Access via Huddart Park with some nice, but steep trails
9. Rancho San Antonio: Popular running spot with mostly fire trails
10. Foothills Park: The Los Trancos trail is a fun loop
11. Arastradero Park: Open grasslands and nice views
12. Baylands Park: Totally flat along the salt marshes of the SF Bay